Here people from varied backgrounds come together for friendship and worship as we seek to live out our christian faith in a meaningful way. Some of us are just starting to ask questions and others have been committed followers for a number of years. However, each one of us recognises that we have the same basic needs, to know we are loved and accepted unconditionally, to enjoy meaningful relationships with one another and with God, and to be part of something bigger than ourselves. "No reira waiho ko te aroha o Te Matua Kaha Rawa hei korowai mou". May the love of Almighty God enfold you.
In the early 1990's the Anglican Parish of St John's, Johnsonville had a vision of planting a new church congregation in the neighbouring suburb of Churton Park. So began the enterprise of planning for and developing a new worshiping congregation. This culminated in a group of 61 people gathering in July 1993 for their first worship service in a large open-plan classroom at Churton School! The congregation quickly grew to become self-sustaining. So much so that during 1995 a number of steps were taken to enable the church to become known as the Mission District of Churton Park. This coincided with the congregation moving into the newly built Churton Park School and Community Hall for Sunday worship at the end of 1995. CPAC has always had a real desire and passion to see lives being changed for the better through a loving relationship with God, and embracing all that God has for us.
We believe in one God who is revealed in the Holy Trinity - Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Our focus is to reach out to all people in the community with the love of Christ. The Church is the Body of Christ, called to carry on Christ's work in the world. We believe loving relationships should permeate every aspect of church life so that we grow to become a caring community of believers. We believe that God calls us to live out the Great Commandment and to carry out the Great Commission that Jesus gave to the Apostles. In this way we are witnesses to His loving presence in the world. We are part of the worldwide Anglican communion of churches. The website for the Anglican Church in Aotearoa New Zealand can be found at: www.anglican.org.nz
All visitors are welcome at our church. Come along on a Sunday at 10am at St John's Church, Johnsonville.
As of September 2018
1. We seek to be an intergenerational family which welcomes all people
2. We seek to uphold the Word of God as found in the Scriptures and to walk in step with the Holy Spirit
3. We are outward looking in God’s mission, seeking to live out faith, hope and love - Expressing Christ in the community and the world.
4. We are renewed for service through the sharing of bread and wine, as we remember Christ’s sacrifice for our redemption
5. We value prayer as a normal part of our day to day life and work
6. We seek to be disciples of Christ and to help others follow in His steps
7. In worship and ministry, we are open to using all the gifts of the Spirit to build up the body of Christ and extend His Kingdom
8. We promote justice and mercy for all, recognising the dignity and equal worth of all people
9. We promote good stewardship of the natural environment so that future generations may enjoy Gods creation
10. We do things together as a faith community, supporting each other and working with the wider church